Monday, October 5, 2009

2 Nephi, chapter 9

It's been a crazy week and I slacked off on my scripture reading. Picture me crawling back onto the wagon this morning...

A couple of things caught my attention today. First, the chapter talks a lot about resurrection, which made me think about the sweet and simple faith of my children. They know about resurrection - as much as they can understand at their ages - and will bring it up frequently. If they see something on TV or hear about someone who has died, Haley will often make comments about "That's sad, but at least he will be resurrected!" Or something similar. And a couple of weeks ago on the way to church Haley and Preston were asking us and discussing what age they would be when they were resurrected. Wonderful to hear their take on things!

Also, verse 51 says "Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth..." Always a good reminder to economize, and think before I buy!!

1 comment:

  1. I think my kids take great comfort in the doctrine of resurrection. They don't fear death.
    We do get so caught up in stuff. How important is it really? What a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete