Thursday, October 22, 2009

2 Nephi, chapter 28

verses 7-8:
Yea, and there shall be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die; and it shall be well with us.

And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God—he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.

I read verse 7 and felt a little smug. Because after all, I know better than to take that attitude! I know that there is work required in this life and that there is a life to come. But then I moved on to verse 8 and my little bout of smugness collapsed. Because I think I do fall into this category sometimes. You know, just letting little things slide because it's too hard to deal with right now. It's not such a big deal, right? Just a little thing... So this verse was my reminder that the little things are important, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment