Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2 Nephi, chapter 16-19

These are more prophetic passages similar to the chapters in Isaiah. As I've said before, I have a hard time with these sometimes. And in these particular chapters, there seems to be a lot of prophecies of trouble and woe. Not that there is not worth in those, certainly, but I really like to find uplifting bits in my scripture study to focus on. It starts my day on an up note. :)

It took a bit of extra reading this morning to find that happy note, but here it is:

2 Nephi 19:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Could there be a more uplifting verse than one talking about the coming of Christ? That happy moment was of such paramount importance to my own salvation; how can I help but rejoice over it? I also love the fact that this verse is part of Handel's Messiah. As I read the verse, I can hear that glorious music in my head. As a matter of fact, I believe that I still have my case of Christmas CDs in my desk drawer from last Christmas. I'm going to put on a little Handel's Messiah right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment