Tuesday, September 15, 2009

1 Nephi, Chapter 21

I have always liked verse 13, just because I find the language beautiful:

Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; for the feet of those who are in the east shall be established; and break forth into singing, O mountains; for they shall be smitten no more; for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.


And on a somewhat unrelated note... today I'm feeling very glad that I started my scripture-reading blog. Keeping up with my scripture study has always been something I struggle with. I have so much going on that this is something that always seems to fall by the wayside with me. I will make a committment to myself that I'm going to do better and I will read, but then other things in life seem to take over and before I know it, I've fallen way behind. Then I end up just giving up on it. But with the blog, I feel like I have some accountability. I can't just stop, because I have this record of what I'm reading. If I stop, it will be in the record that I just gave up. So even when life takes over and I miss some days, I have incentive to get back and start again. Hooray for blogging for helping me stay on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment