Thursday, September 10, 2009

1 Nephi, Chapter 19

This is the chapter that inspired my blog title. :)

In verse 23, Nephi instructs us to "liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning." That is what I attempt to do each do I blog by finding something with a personal meaning for me in what I have read. When I do this, I get so much more out of my scripture reading. Without this goal, I tend to skim through the chapter just for the sake of having read it. I don't always get a lot out of it because I'm not TRYING to get something out of it.

When I have the goal of finding something that relates to me personally in what I've read, I have to pay more attention to what I'm reading. I have to think about what I've read. So far, this blog is helping me meet my goal of getting more out of my scripture reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment