Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1 Nephi, Chapter 18

Well, with all that went on with my family in the last week and a half, I really fell down on my scripture reading. But back on track this week...

The thing I noticed today is really not a great scriptural insight, just something that I like to notice as I read the Book of Mormon. In chapter 18, I think it's the first time that you see the little asterisk that directs you to the bottom of the page where they give you the year. In this case about 589 B.C.

When I read the Book of Mormon, I always enjoy watching those dates and seeing them count down as it gets closer to the birth of Christ. It's just always a little exciting to me to read about the events of that time and see what's going on as His birth comes closer and closer.

1 comment: