Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1 Nephi, Chapter 14-15

There is a lot of profound content in these two chapters. They talk about Nephi's visions of all that will come to pass in the world and discuss the meaning of the symbols in the tree of life vision. Very important things.

And yet, as I was reading today, none of those things struck me the way one single verse did.

verse 8: "And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?"

In this particular case, he's talking to his brothers who are trying to puzzle out the tree of life vision. But to me, it suddenly hit me that this is a question we should be asking every day. Each time we hit a roadblock or have a question or a worry... Have ye inquired of the Lord? Have you let Him help as you try to decide what is best? Have you turned to Him for advice or comfort?

I know that too often I forget that He is there for us in every little thing as well as the big things. I need to remember more often that whenever I have a concern or a problem, I should inquire of the Lord to help me find my way or just for comfort as I work through something.

No comments:

Post a Comment