Monday, February 8, 2010

Omni

I find it a bit encouraging that even in the scriptures, sometimes people don't keep up with their journaling. In Omni 5 different people are in charge of writing in the plates, and none of them have much to say. (Enos and Jarom are also pretty brief in their writings.) I guess I can look at that for encouragement when I am struggling to get my journaling done!

I also feel curious about the backstory that was not written in Omni... Why did Jarom's son Omni fall away from the gospel? And even more curious, after Amaron, Chemish, and Abinadom were all seemingly not religious men, where did Amaleki suddenly come from? How did he learn about the Lord and become faithful enough that he is "exhorting all men to come unto God, the Holy One of Israel" (verse 25)?

Not that it matters overall, of course, I just wonder about these things...

No comments:

Post a Comment