Friday, March 16, 2012

Alma 8-9

When Alma preaches to the people of Ammonihah I read through it and wonder - how on Earth can they listen to the prophet telling them to repent or be destroyed and yet they don't hear him and don't change their ways? How can they just ignore him that way?

And then I wonder what things I have heard the prophet or other general authorities say that I haven't taken seriously enough. I'm sure there are many...

We turn on conference each year, but I know sometimes I don't listen as closely as I should. This year my goal is to really and truly listen to the speakers and hear what they are saying. I've been thinking about making general conference packets for the kids to help them pay attention. Maybe what I really need is a packet for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment