Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mosiah 15

The verse that struck me today was verse 25:

And little children also have eternal life.

This is especially poignant to me because of our friends who recently lost their youngest child. That funeral was the saddest thing I have ever been to in my life. It was devastatingly awful for Aaron and me; so much worse of course for little Isaac's parents and closest family.

And yet, for all the horrible sadness of that death and that funeral, beneath it all was a little current of hope. Because we knew that Isaac was not lost forever. And little children also have eternal life. Isaac was saved and will have eternal life. And when his parents and his brother pass on, Isaac will be there to joyfully greet them.

So even though it makes me cry a little all over again to think and write about Isaac, I am comforted by the verse: And little children also have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment